It’s a great achievement to be able to launch your own startup in this tightly packed global business industry. You dreamt big and coalesced resources, ideas, and action plan to create your nascent platform. In this fast-paced and influencing business industry, you need to take measures on establishing your brand name with a robust digital marketing strategy.
- Digital marketing is a powerful tool, can contribute powerfully to your online presence, and positively impact your bottom line.
- Everything you do to build your digital presence counts toward your brand name getting known.
- When you are known by your target audience, it will start affecting your bottom line.
Why is Digital Marketing important for the entrepreneur?
- Digital Marketing is the most reliable thing for Brand awareness
- Startups take help of Digital Marketing to reach the custom audiences.
- Digital Marketing also provides statistics and analytics for our business.
- Startup Marketing is very important to know the client need.
- Digital Marketing is a good option if you’re going with the low budget.
- You can study the competitors and can execute plans through Digital Marketing.
Requirements for an entrepreneur that Digital Marketing can provide:
- Entrepreneur work on their business and they need good profit and higher growth. An entrepreneur greatest need is to get a good reach in a shorter time without doing much work.
- Digital Marketing will provide you with a tremendous gain in a shorter time.
- If you are good at online marketing strategies, then you can grow in the Digital Marketing world in a very little time. You may not get sudden growth at the start, but after some time you will achieve your target.
How to use Digital Marketing for the startups:
1. Personal Branding
- Successful businesses can generate a ton of momentum from successful entrepreneurs who lead them. Branding yourself, before your company, gives you the opportunity to leverage a more trustworthy, personal image to promote your brand.
- It also gives you more power to meet and network with others, form more partnerships and lend a face to your otherwise faceless organization. And it’s free to do, from a monetary perspective, though you will need to invest a significant amount of time.
2. Content Marketing
- Content marketing takes a variety of forms, and depending on how you form your strategy, could accomplish a number of different goals.
- For example, you could use white papers, ebooks and other long-form content to attract downloads, signups and conversions, or you could use an on-site blog to attract more inbound traffic to your site.
- You could even use content as a form of help and troubleshooting, or some combination of these applications.
- Content marketing is incredibly versatile and useful, and, if it’s valuable, your customers will expect you to have at least some of it in place for them.
3. Search engine optimization (SEO)
- SEO is the process of making your site more visible in search engines, so you get more traffic from people searching for the products or services you offer.
- Much of your organic search position ranking comes from the technical structure of your site and your ongoing content development strategy.
- So, SEO is not much more of an investment if you’re already creating new content regularly — and it’s well worth that extra investment if for no other reason than to make sure your site is properly indexed.
4. Evergreen Content
- Your blog provides you with a platform to explain your startup, drive the message and get the prospective customers informed about what they can achieve by using your product.
- Produce evergreen long-form content. This means that after a year from the date of publishing your blog post, it will still be relevant.
- Evergreen content is not like short news stories targeting traffic for a day or two, this is content that is going to be bringing visitors to your company’s blog day after day, month after month.
5. Giveaways and Contests
- Organize giveaways and contents to make people sign up and participate. It allows you to grow your mailing list when you are still trying to get traffic to your site. You can use email marketing later after the contest to market your services or products.
- If utilized well, these can land you initial customers as the contests run, and some leads to follow up on after the contest is fully completed.
6. Social Media Marketing
- Social media has become an important component of life in this age.
- A lot of startups are growing off social media advertising. From using the social media network’s advertising options like Facebook or Twitter advertising, to using influencers on the networks, there are options in plenty for startups to leverage for growth.
Over 80% of the U.S. population has a social media profile. 82% of consumers trust a company more if they are active on social media.
- Video has grown to become a proper marketing channel on its own. Thanks to the existence of the social media networks as well as YouTube, it takes a tap on the mobile phone and anyone can get a video of whatever it is they are looking for.
- On the social media networks, video can get lost after a couple of days when new updates show up, while on channels on YouTube, they can get found anytime if ranked for specific terms.
- On social media, sharing the videos and letting them go viral helps a lot in marketing.
- Startups with the creativity to create viral videos will shine in the coming years as they use the video marketing strategy to get more customers and put themselves in a good place in the market.
8. Press Coverage.
- Getting media coverage no longer means you have to be on TV or Radio. Almost every news outlet in the world now has an online platform where they publish their news. Their journalists are always on the hunt for new stories, research, data, or groundbreaking companies.
- Using tools like Pressfarm, it has become easier to get in touch with journalists and get your startup featured in the media outlets.
- And such press coverage is a great marketing strategy that is capable of putting information about your company in front of the right eyes.
- Online publications have changed how public relations is done, making it easier and better.
9. User Experience
- Your audience is what matters. Your audience must be able to engage with your brand name, your values, and your product, to build a lasting relationship and association with your company.
- Your digital marketing strategies must be designed carefully to appeal to the audience of your market. Delve into research and find out what works for your audience.
- Build their interest and knowledge by providing them with content that informs and inspires. You will also be able to strengthen the brand voice by continuously engaging with your audience.
10. Conversion optimization
- Most of these strategies aim to get more people on your site, but what do those people do once they’re there? Conversion optimization helps you ensure you get more value out of each and every visitor by maximizing your rate of conversion.
- Sometimes, this means including more conversion opportunities, and other times, improving the ones you already have.
11. Email Marketing
- Email marketing has astounding potential for ROI because it costs almost nothing to execute.
- Start collecting subscribers from your existing customer base, your social media followers and other new opportunities; from there.
- Even a simple content newsletter can help you encourage repeat traffic to your site, facilitate more engagement with your brand and keep your brand top-of-mind with your audience.
12. Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial intelligence has been a hot topic around town for a few years but the type isn’t dwindling anytime soon. AI offers that which humans cannot. One of the most widely-known and implemented forms of AI right now are chatbots
- With the help of these simulated human interactions, consumers can find solutions no matter where they are or what device they’re on. While you may have quietly dismissed the concept of AI when it only existed in the scene of your favorite sci-fi blockbuster, it’s here and it’s launching a goldmine of opportunity for entrepreneurs and their respective industries.
13. Voice Search
- Hey Google, how does voice search affect SEO strategy? This is a question digital marketers are going to be asking as they scramble to adapt to voice integration in search engines.
- Digital assistants are evolving to assess the context of what people want and to understand user intent to promote action from consumers.
- Voice search queries are longer than their text counterparts and you need to consider how this will affect search results.
- The choice of words can determine whether a given query is for research purposes or intent of purchase. While you might type “best organic food stores MA” in your search engine, you’d more likely say, “Hey Siri, where’s the best organic food store in Cambridge, Massachusetts?” in a voice search.
14. Website Speed Optimization
- A webpage’s loading speed is the first and most important factor for a business to perform well on the web. How quickly your server is handling the HTTP request determines the fate of your business in the online world.
- According to the Aberdeen Group, a mere one-second delay in page-load times lead to an 11% drop in page views, 7% loss in conversions, and 16% drop in customer satisfaction.
According to the Aberdeen Group, a mere one-second delay in page-load times lead to an 11% drop in page views, 7% loss in conversions, and 16% drop in customer satisfaction.
15. Choose Paid Advertising Platform Carefully
- In last 5 years, advertising on Google and other digital platforms have grown at a rapid pace. According to a report published in New York Times, Google AdWords and Facebook account 85 percent of every new dollar spent on digital advertising.
- Many people get confused between Facebook Ads and Google AdWords and eventually, they started comparing which one is better.
- It’s quite simple, if you want quick or instant sales for your business, then Google Ads are by far the best solution. Because as a user if you are looking for any services or solution to something you will search on Google rather than finding solutions on social platforms.
- On the other hand, Facebook ads are display ads and best for creating brand awareness and also effective for remarketing purpose. So when you put Ads on Facebook, create the Ad copy around generating awareness rather than conversion oriented. From here, you can create lead magnet funnel to convert them into sales.
According to a report published in New York Times, Google AdWords and Facebook account 85 percent of every new dollar spent on digital advertising.
16. Join Facebook Groups
- You want to reach and connect to your audience. But to do that, you need to find them first.
- Where might they be? Where do potential customers usually hang out online?
- Facebook, of course. Or in Facebook groups, to be specific.
- The great thing about Facebook groups is that there is one for almost every topic you can think of. All you need to do is to join one or several, depending on what you are looking for.
- Once you are part of a group, you can look at the discussions that other members have. You get to learn what people are interested in and what they are talking about.
17. Create a Great FAQ Page
- There are several benefits to doing this particular method that differ from other creative website marketing strategies.
- First of all, you provide a great service to your website visitors.
- Second, you treat them to a satisfying and informative experience. It provides a level a transparency that creates a bridge of trust between your brand and your target market.
- Gaining their trust is the key to turn them from a potential customer to a customer.
Entrepreneurship has changed, and it will continue changing in the years to come. If you can’t adapt to the new trends, your company will not survive. Entrepreneurs who learn to adapt faster than others will gain a competitive edge over their rival businesses. Entrepreneurs need to grow their businesses in order to survive. Digital marketing is less expensive than traditional marketing efforts. This allows you to cut your marketing budget or expose your brand to a larger number of people with the same budget.