NGOs work day in and day out for the betterment of the society and have so many inspiring storied untold.For them, social media is the best platform to succeed. Through, social media they can inspire people to do better and sometime to join the cause. Their causes invoke a lot of interest in the masses and this can be a good way to gain followers.
Why nonprofits need a digital marketing plan?
Did you know that last year people in the U.S. gave $31 billion dollars online? With six years of steady growth, one could argue that there has been a shift in preference for how donors are choosing to support their nonprofit. This creates an opportunity for organizations that are looking to expand their brand presence online in order to connect with their audience – and likeminded individuals.
Despite how difficult digital marketing can be, people still tend to approach it like this:
- Create a piece of content
- Share on social media
- Move on to the next project
Last year people in the U.S. gave $31 billion dollars online to NGOs.
Setting SMART Goals
- Defining your digital marketing goals help to identify the primary strategies you need to accomplish your objectives.
- What is one of your organization’s goals?
- What’s an action you need to take to achieve your goal?
- What’s a digital marketing strategy you want to focus on?
- Who on your team will be responsible for taking this action?
- When do they need to take this action?
- Before you can begin any digital marketing campaign; first, you need to have a fast, well-designed website.
- Website makes learning about your mission and purpose easy.
- It has clear next steps telling users what they should be doing next (a.k.a. ‘call-to-action’, an example of this would be a ‘Donate Now’ button).
- If it’s not obvious what you do in the first few seconds of visiting your website, or if it’s unclear as to exactly what visitors should do on your website, then you will need to revise your content and change accordingly.
- Social media is again one of the most trending and essentials of the digital marketing world.
- Over the past decade, social media has emerged as a relevant communication medium internationally to reach out to the vast audience.
- The primary objective of social media is connecting the massive audience spreading all over the globe, within the fraction of second and spreading the message.
Apply for a Facebook “Donate Now” Button on Your Non-Profit Page
- In August of 2015, Facebook announced that they’re allowing selected non-profits to add a “Donate Now” call-to-action button to their Facebook page encouraging users to act right on Facebook.
- With a lot of these causes it’s all about being in front of your audience at the right place, at the right time, with the right offer, and this button definitely promotes immediate action.
- To get this functionality on your page, make sure you have a verified Facebook page, hold verified 501(c)(3) status, are based in the U.S., and have agreed to Facebook’s terms and conditions.
Awaken Emotions through Video
- Power video has on awakening one’s emotions shouldn’t be underestimated, especially when it comes to digital marketing, where your messages have the power to spread to enormously large groups of potential donators.
- Emotions are ultimately what drive people to act, so spending some time and resources on video production and hosting shouldn’t be put on the back-burner for non-profits.
- Enlisting influencers can help increase the legitimacy of your cause among the public by spreading your name through a trusted source and can be a great way to gain new audiences, potential donors and volunteers.
- Working with influencers who have press experience and highly engaged audiences may also increase the chances of your cause getting press coverage and increase engagement.
- If you find a potential influencer, you should follow them and use the Suggestion feature to find accounts with similar content. Detailed, Google searches can also help you find potential influencers.
- 70% of their social traffic comes from mobile devices, so they ensure that every piece of content created is optimized for mobile.
Start an Email Newsletter
- If you find that visitors are interacting with the content you are creating/posting, now is the time to start collecting email addresses for a monthly newsletter.
- Add a box on your website that encourages visitors to sign-up for monthly insights into your organisation’s mission/goals and, ultimately, will provide them value.
Do PPC for Free with Google Ad Grants
- Google’s Ad Grants program is basically free money given to non-profits to advertise on the world’s largest and most effective search engine, Google.
- Both Microsoft and Google give roughly 1 billion dollars to help non-profits promote their causes online each year.
- Advertisers can’t exceed a $2.00 CPC bid, and can’t use more then $10,000 per month, but if you’re advertising free of charge, you probably won’t find these restrictions to be a huge road-blocker.
- To be considered for Google ad grants, you need a Google Ads account (formerly known as Google AdWords), a Google non-profit account, and the customer ID from your Google Ads account.
- Start the application process and get advertising for free so you can spread your cause to a much larger audience!
If we conclude the entire concept, then it is evident that digital marketing is benefiting every organization in this 21st century. Non-government organizations are one of them. Digital marketing is a powerful tool for NGOs like any other business. Hence, if you are also non-government organizations, then you must accumulate the strategies or essentials of digital marketing.
- 14 Innovative Ecommerce Customer loyalty program Ideas - April 17, 2020
- How to Choose Perfect fonts for an Ecommerce Store? - March 30, 2020
- Best Free Shopify Apps to Skyrocket your Sales - March 26, 2020